Thursday, October 15, 2009

dilemma fix...decorative window security

Share

I can't go past an eBay bargain. It is very dangerous as every little spend amounts on my credit card.


I couldn't let this opportunity go though. I have just bought the above 15 decorative cast iron panels from someone near Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast. I paid a total of $92.55 which I think is an absolute bargain. If these were for sale at The Little Red Shed, a 2nd hand renovation shop and yard, then I am sure they would be about $50 each.


So this is my theory; using the cast iron panels as window security. They are as wide as my windows, yet about 50cm short in height. Yet if I place them in the middle, only a very small child could squeeze through to break in, and I'm am sure they would decide it is in the too hard basket. Below are some examples I managed to find of cast iron panels used in similar applications. 






 




image credit
ebay
parisparfait.typepad.com
http://www.artsmithing.com
heartlandcreek.com 
mascosalvage.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin